- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, sliced into 8 slices
- 2 avacado, peeled, de-seeded and sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin into 8 slices
- ½ jar 505 Tomatillo, garlic and lime green chile
- 1 cup 505 flame roasted green chile
- 6 oz soft butter
In a small mixing bowl, mix thinly sliced onions and the tomatillo salsa and let sit for 30 minutes. On flour slices of bread, place one slice of cheese on top of each. Top with two slices of tomato and an even distribution of avocado. Evenly distribute the red onion and place ¼ cup of the fire roasted chile on each. Top with another slice of cheese and then another slice of bread.
In a large cast iron pan, place ½ of the butter and heat until bubbling. Place the four sandwiches in the pan and brown until golden on medium heat, approximately 5 minutes. Spread the remaining butter on top of each sandwich and flip when the bottoms are golden. Continue to cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove and let cool for 1 minute. Slice and serve.