- 16 oz 505 Southwestern® Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup 505 Southwestern® Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1 pack La Tortilla Factory Organic Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1.5 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Cilantro and scallions to garnish (optional)
Serves 4 - 6
These beef enchiladas with both red and green chile are hard to beat! Some call them "Christmas-style Enchiladas" but don’t wait until December--we suggest you try them TODAY!
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef in a pan with diced red onion. Once cooked through, remove from heat and stir in minced garlic, cumin and chili powder. If there is excess fat in pan, feel free to drain (optional). Set meat aside.
2) Add a thin layer of 505SW™️ Red Chile Enchilada Sauce to the bottom of your enchilada pan. Pour the rest of the sauce in bowl.
3) Slowly dip a tortilla into the 505SW™️ Enchilada Sauce so it is covered. Using one hand to hold the saucy tortilla, use your other hand to spoon the ground beef and onion down the center of the tortilla.
4) Spoon some 505SW™️ Flame Roasted Green Chile on top of your ground beef and roll enchilada. Place into enchilada pan and repeat until all enchiladas are rolled into pan.
5) Top with remaining 505SW™️ Enchilada Sauce and sprinkle cheese all over enchiladas.
6) Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
7) Remove enchiladas from oven and spoon the rest of the 505SW™️ Green Chile down the center of enchiladas making a "green chile banner".
8) Serve warm and garnish with cilantro and scallions.