Biscuits and Green Chile Gravy
- 1 Can Buttermilk Biscuits
- 8oz Chourico Sausage or Chorizo
- 3TB Unsalted Butter
- 3TB All Purpose Flour
- 1-pint Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional Garnish: Fried Eggs, Cilantro, Hot Sauce
505 Southwestern Ingredients
Flame Roasted Green Chile
There’s nothing more comforting on a lazy morning than Biscuits and Gravy — especially when you add in a hefty serving of 505 Southwestern Flame Roasted Green Chile.
- Preheat oven per directions on biscuits.
- Chop and sauté sausage until crisp and crumbly in a large pan. About 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. To the same pan add in butter and cook over medium heat until melted. Once melted reduce heat to medium low and whisk in the flour. This will create a roux. Cook 3-4 minutes and then slowly whisk in the milk. Continue to whisk over medium low heat until all the clumps are gone.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, sausage, and Flame Roasted Green Chile. Stir to combine and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- While flavors combine, cook the biscuits. To plate cut biscuits in half and top with piping hot gravy. To make these biscuits even more incredible, top with a fried egg, a swirl of hot sauce, and sprinkle on the cilantro — or even an additional spoonful of green chiles!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!