- 8 Eggs + 1 tbsp Water, beaten
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 8 Flour or White Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb. Mexican Chorizo
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 2 Avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (16oz) 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1 jar (16oz) 505 Southwestern®️ Restaurant Style Salsa (or other 505SW™️ Salsa of your choice)
- Sour Cream, for topping
- Fresh Cilantro, for topping
5 minutes prep time and 15 minutes cook time
These breakfast tacos are quick, delicious, and the perfect way to start your morning. They’re so good you might want to eat them for dinner too! Hosting a brunch? Set it up as a build-your-own taco bar!
- Cook the chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks, about 7-9 minutes. Remove from the heat. Drain the meat on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve just a bit of the oil for the eggs.
- Preheat the same pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the eggs to the skillet and cook using a spatula to stir the eggs until soft curds form, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, warm the tortillas over a gas stovetop until lightly charred on both sides and warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes total. (Or warm in the microwave).
- To assemble the tacos, divide the egg mixture among the warm tortillas, add some chorizo, tomato, avocado, onion and 505SW™️ Flame Roasted Green Chile. Top with 505SW™️ Restaurant Style Salsa, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately!