Chicken Tortilla Soup
IngredientsFor the Soup:
- 1 yellow or sweet onion diced
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic (about 5 cloves)
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 4 C chicken broth (32 ounce box)
- 1/2 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Green Chile (add the whole jar for extra spice!)
- 1/4 C lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Flame Roasted Green Chile
Makes 8 servings
Packed with fresh flavors, this Green Chile Chicken Tortilla Soup is not only delicious, but also super healthy! It’s the perfect winter recipe to warm you up. Did we mention it’s quick and easy, too? Another winner from The Oven Light.
- Combine all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Check the chicken for doneness after 2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return to soup and serve.
- Top with all the fixings!
To make using an InstaPot, combine all ingredients to InstaPot and select soup button. Allow to cook for 30 minutes and then release steam. Remove chicken and shred. Then return to the pot. Serve and enjoy!