- 8-10 corn tortillas, cut into triangles
- 5 medium tomatillos, quartered
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp seasoned salt or salt and pepper.
- ¾ cup 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Hatch Green Chile (adjust depending on desired heat level)
- Small handful cilantro
- 1 tbsp sour cream (optional but it balances the acidity of the sauce beautifully).
- 2 eggs
- Optional toppings: queso fresco, thinly sliced red onion, cilantro, Mexican crema, Mexican lime
Flame Roasted Hatch Green Chile
You have to try this gem from @foodmymuse. She adds our 505 Southwestern Hatch green chiles and, in her own words, she "will NEVER go back". These chilaquiles are perfectly spicy and there's a smoky sweetness to them that you can't get enough of. Remember to tag @505southwestern and #HowDoYou505 if you make them!
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray your tortillas with some avocado oil (or other cooking oil) and arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 min or until golden.
- While the tortillas are baking, sauté the onion and tomatillos with olive oil for 6-7 min on medium heat. Add in garlic and continue cooking for 3-4 min. Once the veggies start getting jammy and soft, add the water and let that absorb. Add in the 505SW™️ Green Chile and continue cooking on low for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add everything in the pan to a blender. Add the salt, cilantro and sour cream, and blend to make a sauce.
- Add the sauce to the tortillas, toss and divide between 2 plates.
- Fry your eggs until desired consistency (we like ours overeasy).
- Drizzle the crema on the chilaquiles, add in queso fresco, cilantro, red onion and top each plate with an egg.