Chorizo Corn Chile Tacos with Pickled Red Onions & Red Crema
For the chorizo corn chile filling:
- 12 oz pork chorizo
- 1/2 can sweet corn
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup 505 Southwestern Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or other neutral oil
- 1 tsp salt
For the pickled red onions:
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 limes, juiced
- Boiling water
For the red crema:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 505 Southwestern Red Chile Enchilada sauce
• 12 street size tortillas, flour or corn
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 4 oz queso fresco, crumbled
• Cilantro, to garnish
• Limes, to garnish
One bite, so much flavor. These Chorizo Corn Chile Tacos by @freshchefnikki from our 25 Years of Flavor contest will easily become a regular addition to your meal plans.
(1) Make pickled red onions: slice red onions thinly and add to a glass Tupperware. Squeeze fresh limes on to the onions and top with boiling water until the onions are covered. Cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes while making the tacos.
(2) Make the filling: in a skillet on medium high heat, add diced small onion and minced garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and break apart with a wooden spoon. Season with salt. Add corn and salsa, stir and cook for another 5-10 minutes until chorizo is fully cooked through. Turn off heat and set aside.
(3) Make the crema: in a small bowl combine sour cream and red chile enchilada sauce until fully mixed in. If the sauce is too runny, add more sour cream, or if it is too stiff, add more enchilada sauce. Set aside.
(4) In a skillet on medium heat, heat up tortillas.(5) Assemble tacos: add the filling to each taco, sliced avocado, and pickled red onions. Add crumbled queso fresco, drizzle with crema, and garnish with cilantro and lime. Enjoy!