- 4-5 boneless skinless Chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 tsp tomato bouillon
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 packages of La Tortilla Factory’s Handmade-Style Tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 8 oz block of Oaxaca or Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olive
505 Southwestern Ingredients
These may be Christmas-Style, but you’ll want to enjoy home chef Shaun Tate’s of @tatesfoodnq enchiladas year-round. Packed with 505 Southwestern Flame Roasted Green Chile and smothered in Red Chile Enchilada Sauce on one side and Salsa Verde on the other, the dish is sure to make you feel festive!
- Season boneless skinless chicken thighs with favorite Southwestern rub or taco seasoning, I seasoned with Hooks Tacos Everyday Rub. Gill on your favorite outdoor grill/cooker until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165°F. Set aside and rest. You could use a rotisserie chicken for a quicker recipe.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive and 1 tbsp of butter in a saute pan and add yellow onion, small dice. Saute onion until lightly browned then add 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced. Saute for 2-3 minutes constantly stirring making sure that the garlic doesn't burn. Next add 2 tsp of Tomato Bouillon and 1/2 cup of chicken stock, and 1 tsp of black pepper, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop the chicken, combined in a bowl with onion mixture, 1/2 cup 505 Southwestern Flame Roasted Green Chile, half a block of Oaxaca (shredded).
- You need 2 shallow bowls or plates for the sauces to dip the tortillas. Place a 1/2 cup of 505SW Red Chile Enchilada Sauce in one and Salsa Verde in the other.
- Lightly fry corn tortillas (for this recipe, you’ll do 8 for each side).
- Next dip both sides of the tortilla in one of the sauces, fill with chicken mixture and roll. Repeat until you have 6 of each, lay in a baking dish or cast iron pan, do not over crowd.
- Cover Enchiladas with corresponding sauce that they were dipped in (roughly 1/2-3/4 of a cup). Sprinkle more Oaxaca over both sets, sliced black olives, and green onions. Bake at 375° F for 20-30 minutes until Cheese is melted and lightly browned. Garnish with green onion tops.