Easy Pressure Cooker Green Chile with Chicken
- 3 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 3/4 pound tomatillos, quartered, husks discarded (about 4 tomatillos)
- ½ jar (8oz) of 505 Southwestern® Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 2 Serrano or jalapeño chilies, roughly chopped, stems discarded
- 10 ounces white onion, roughly chopped (about 1 medium)
- 6 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seed, toasted and ground
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves and fine stems, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- Fresh corn tortillas and lime wedges, for serving
Flame Roasted Green Chile
Combine chicken, tomatillos, 505SW™ Flame Roasted Green Chile, Serrano peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, and a big pinch of salt in a pressure cooker. Heat over high heat until gently sizzling, then seal pressure cooker, bring to high pressure, and cook for 15 minutes. Release pressure.
Using tongs, transfer chicken pieces to a bowl and set aside. Add cilantro and fish sauce to remaining contents of pressure cooker. Blend with a hand blender or in a standing blender and season to taste with salt. Return chicken to sauce, discarding skin and bones and shredding if desired. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve immediately with tortillas and lime wedges.