Easy Southwestern Enchiladas
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 small Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sweet Corn (no need to thaw)
- 1/2 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Garlic Rotisserie Chicken (Family size), skin removed, 2 breasts diced (equivalent to 4 cups)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup 505 Southwestern®️️ Green Chile Salsa (Mild, Medium, or Hot) or other 505SW™️ Salsa of your choice
- 1 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern® Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Style Cheese, divided
- 8 Flour Tortillas, fajita style
- Optional Toppings: avocado slices, fresh cilantro, sliced serrano pepper, sour cream, red onion, shredded lettuce and diced tomato
20 minutes prep time and 25 minutes cook time.
These Southwest-style chicken enchiladas have a ton of flavor thanks to our rich red enchilada sauce made with Hatch chile peppers. Next time you need a quick and easy meal that’s ready in less than an hour, look no further. These can easily be dairy-free without the cheese or with a dairy-free cheese, and gluten-free by subbing corn tortillas for the flour. Say hello to your new favorite enchiladas!
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. To the bottom of a 13x9 pan, add a light layer of 505SW™️ Enchilada Sauce to coat the surface. (This will help prevent the tortillas from sticking). Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the corn, beans, and chicken. Coat the mixture with chili powder, cumin, pepper and just a sprinkle of salt and stir until well combined.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the 505SW™️ Salsa, 1/4 cup 505SW™️ Enchilada Sauce, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Slightly warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. Equally fill each tortilla with a spoonful and a half of the mixture, roll and add to the pan. Drizzle the rest of the 505SW™️ Enchilada Sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
- Top the enchiladas with lettuce, avocado slices, onion, tomato, serrano pepper, cilantro, and sour cream. Serve immediately!