Green Chile Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are Delicious!
For the pimento cheese:
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack
- 4 oz white cheddar (white horseradish cheddar will give it a nice kick)
- Dash of Worcestershire
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 16oz Jar of 505 Southwestern Roasted Green Chile
- 1/4-1/3 cup light mayo (I sub half with fat-free Greek yogurt)
For the sandwiches:
- Sliced bread
- If using a food processor, use the blade to shred the cheese.
- Remove a handful of cheese from the bowl and set aside.
- Switch to the chopper blade and add the garlic clove, 1/4 cup of mayo, a dash of Worcestershire, and a pinch of salt and pepper and process 8-10 seconds.
- Return the shredded cheese to the bowl along with the hatch chiles, and pulse 3-4 times.
- Store in the fridge, will keep a week plus.
- If not using a food processor, grate the cheese and finely mince the garlic.
- Stir the minced garlic, Worcestershire, and mayo together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add Roasted Green Chile to the bowl along with the cheese.
- Stir until thoroughly combined and then take fork and mash the cheese until you reach desired consistency.
- For the sandwiches, heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high.
- Assemble the sandwiches and butter the outsides of the bread.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and the cheese is melting down the sandwich in picture-perfect drips.