505 Southwestern Green Chile Stew Ingredients and Directions
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds beef chuck or pork butt (shoulder), cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds red waxy potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, and diced
- 5 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt or more to taste
- 3 cups of 505 Southwestern® Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1 cup of corn kernels, fresh or frozen, 1 cup of carrot chunks, or 1 diced red bell pepper, optional
Flame Roasted Green Chile
1. Sear the meat in a Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until it browns and liquid accumulated from the meat mostly evaporates.
2. Stir in the onions and garlic and cook for several minutes, until the onions become translucent. Pour in stock and scrape the mixture up from the bottom to loosen brown bits.
3. Sprinkle in the salt, reduce the heat to a low simmer, and cook uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Stir in the 505SW™ Flame Roasted Green Chile and any of the optional ingredients and continue cooking for another 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the meat is quite tender, the vegetables are soft, and the falvors have blended together.
5. Ladle into bowls and serve hot.