Green Chile Cheddar Corn Dog Bites
- 1 pack jumbo all beef hotdogs, cut into thirds
- ¾ c yellow cornmeal
- ½ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ c whole milk
- ¼ c 505 Southwestern Flame Roasted Green Chile
- ½ c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Yellow mustard
- 1 fresh Jalapeno
- Toothpicks or small wooden skewers
Add vegetable oil to a heavy-bottom pot over medium high heat and bring oil to 350 degrees. While oil heats:
- Cut hotdogs into thirds and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs, milk, chilis, and cheese.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
In small batches, dip each corn dog bite into the batter. Using a toothpick, move the corndog to the hot oil gently, slide the battered hotdog off of the toothpick and cook until golden brown. About 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
Remove corn dog bites to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. Serve with yellow mustard for dipping and fresh jalapenos as garnish.