Hatch Green Chile Cheese Ball with Homemade Tortilla Chips
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz grated/shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, divided
- 1/2 cup Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 slice mozzarella or white cheddar cheese
- 6-8 La Tortilla Factory Flour Tortillas
- Spray avocado or olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cheddar, Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile, garlic powder, salt, and around 2-3 TBSP chopped green onion and mix well.
Scoop out the cream cheese mixture and place it on a sheet of parchment paper or a cutting board and flatten the top of the ball, pinching and shaping it into a football. NOTE: If the cheese mixture is too soft to shape, transfer to the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
While your cheese ball chills, chop the bacon into pieces and cook until crispy. Transfer to a bowl and combine with panko and the remaining green onion.
Remove cheeseball from fridge and once shaped into a football, press panko mixture firmly into the cheeseball to coat. Finally cut a slice of mozzarella into one long slice for the center of the football and smaller slices for the laces.
For the Tortilla Chips:
Cut small taco-sized tortillas into 4 triangles. Spray both sides and add to your air fryer in single layers.
Cook at 350 for 4 minutes and flip cooking an additional 3 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all tortillas are crisp. Finally serve with the cheeseball for a perfect pairing.