Hatch Green Chile Crab Dip
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 8 ounces Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound claw or lump crab, picked over for bits of shell
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning – or more, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Toasted baguette slices and cucumber slices, for serving
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse onion and garlic until minced. Add Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chile, white parts of the scallions and red bell pepper. Pulse until minced.
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add minced vegetables and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese and Monterey Jack. Cook until the cheeses have melted and mixture is warmed through. Stir in crab, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, Old Bay seasoning, cumin and paprika. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the dip to a heat-proof baking dish and broil until the top begins to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve with toasted baguette slices or cucumber.