Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
IngredientsINGREDIENTS FOR GROUND BEEF MIXTURE:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Sweet White Onion, minced
- 1 cup 505 Southwestern® Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 9 Burrito-Size Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Tostada Shells
- Non-stick Cooking Spray, as needed
- Sour Cream, for serving
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Fresh Jalapeños, for garnish
Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
Prep time, 30 mins | Cook time, 30 mins | Serves 10-12
An easy weeknight dinner made possible by the bold flavors of 505 Southwestern Red Chile Enchilada Sauce. It’s cheesy, crunchy, just a little spicy, and sure to satisfy a crowd. Thanks to Slice of Jess for this Beef Enchilada Crunchwrap Supreme recipe!
- Sauté the ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 8 - 10 minutes. Drain, if necessary, and then add the 505SW™️ Enchilada Sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and the sauce to thicken.
- Butter a sheet pan with softened butter. Make sure to go all the way to the edges.
- Place 1 tortilla in the middle of the sheet pan and line six tortillas along the sides, slightly overlapping and overhanging along the edges.
- Evenly layer the cheese, ground beef mixture, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes on the tortillas.
- Layer the tostada shells on top and then cover with the remaining two flour tortillas in the middle. Gently fold the overhanging edges of the bottom tortillas over the top tortillas and press down. Spray the top of the folded tortillas with non-stick cooking spray and cover with a second baking sheet. Place a cast-iron skillet on top and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron and top baking sheet. Bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until the tortillas have browned on top.
- Remove the browned crunch wraps from the oven, slice, and enjoy immediately with desired garnishes.