Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
- Pre-made or homemade pizza dough
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup 505 Southwestern® Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 10-15 small pepperonis
- Flour for rolling out dough (a few tablespoons)
Flame Roasted Green Chile
Yields one pizza (about 6-8 slices)
This may be the best pepperoni pizza you’ve ever had! Loaded with 505SW™️ Flame Roasted Hatch Green Chile, we replace your standard tomato sauce with a spicy, garlicky, olive oil base, then top with plenty of cheese and extra Hatch chile.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start by adding your minced garlic to your olive oil in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
2) Lightly dust your surface with a few tbsp. flour and roll your pizza dough into a circle.
3) Using a spoon, spread your minced garlic and olive oil all over your dough.
4) Spread about ¼ cup of green chile on top of your garlic and olive oil so your dough is covered.
5) Sprinkle your shredded pepper jack and parmesan all over your pizza and add your pepperonis.
6) Transfer pizza to pizza stone or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
7) Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Add the remaining rest of the green chile in dollops all over the pizza.
8) Serve while hot!