For the guacamole:
- 1/4 cup 505 Southwestern®️ Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados, pitted and scooped
- 1/2 Lime, freshly squeezed juice
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeño Pepper, diced
- Half of a Small Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free Sour Cream Alternative (we like Kite Hill)
- 1 Bacon Strip, cooked and roughly broken up
For the homemade corn tortilla chips:
- 8 6-inch White Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Fine Sea Salt
Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa
5min prep time; 15min cook time
This dairy free Loaded Guacamole is the perfect appetizer or healthy snack, created by A Life Delicious. It is packed with red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and our zesty Tomatillo Garlic & Lime Salsa, and then topped with crunchy bacon. This recipe will change the way you look at guacamole forever!
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Make the chips. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the oil. Stack the tortillas and, with a pizza cutter, cut the pile into sixths to make chips.
3) Spread the chips out, in a single layer, on one large baking sheet and season with salt.
4) Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
5) While the chips are baking, prepare all the other ingredients to make the guacamole.
6) To a glass bowl, add the 505SW™️ Tomatillo Salsa, cilantro, jalapeño, onion and sour cream. Season with salt, pepper and cumin and stir to combine.
7) Add the avocados and mash with a fork. (Be sure to leave it a bit chunky for texture). Gently stir in the lime juice until just incorporated.
8) Transfer to a mortar and pestle or a different glass bowl.
9) Serve with baked tortilla chips or use for tacos and tostadas, sandwiches or a crudités platter.