Mexican Street Fries
IngredientsFor the Fries
- 30 ounces (3 medium) Russet potatoes, rinsed, scrubbed & cut into ½-inch thick fries
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces OZO™️ Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 16oz jar 505 Southwestern®️ Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 50-55 minutes
Another collaboration with OZO plant-based protein. These vegetarian street fries are a perfect gameday snack, appetizer, or even a meal. Want to make these more like NEW Mexican Street Fries? Load ‘em up with our Flame Roasted Green Chile, too!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add fries, oil, and spices. Toss to coat and place in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip the fries, then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until fries are golden and crispy.
- In a nonstick skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the Mexican ground and cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F, making sure to use the spatula to crumble the ground as it cooks, about 4-5 minutes.
- Top fries with ground, avocado, 505SW™️ Salsa, cotija, radishes, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Serve immediately.