Potatoes Au Gratin
- 3 large russet potatoes, cleaned and sliced thin (1/8 inch)
- 1 pound shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 oz jar 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
Flame Roasted Green Chile
10 minutes prep time and 75 minutes cook time
Creamy, cheesy potatoes au gratin are hard to beat. So we kept it simple. This easy recipe is the perfect side dish for any occasion.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Carefully wash the potatoes and slice them into 1/8 inch thin slices.
- In a cast iron skillet, cover the bottom with a layer of potatoes. Top with 1/3 of the cheddar cheese, then 1/3 of the 505SW™️ Flame Roasted Green Chile, then 1/3 of the cream. Repeat two more times, until the skillet is full.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the top of the potato/cheese/green chile mixture and bake uncovered for 75-90 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and the top is bubbly and lightly golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and then serve.