- 1 lb beef, sliced very thin* (ribeye is the classic choice, but sirloin or roundtop work too)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 C mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 C oil
- 1 C 505 Southwestern® Pineapple Mango Jalapeno Salsa
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 505 Southwestern® Green Chile Queso Blanco
- 505 Southwestern® Flame Roasted Green Chile (optional)
*Ask your butcher to slice very thin or partially freeze the steak prior to cooking and then slice with a very sharp knife.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Prep time: about 15 minutes; Cook time: about 15 minutes
Kick it up with this amazing and simple cheesesteak recipe! It’s sweet, spicy, creamy, and may we say definitely better than a traditional Philly cheesesteak (which we also love)! Another home run from The Oven Light.
- Pour oil into a large saucepan or cast iron skillet.
- Over medium-low heat sauté onion, pepper, and mushrooms until very soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat add 505SW™️ Pineapple Mango Salsa and allow to cook for a minute to slightly reduce.
- Add in the beef and cook until cooked through about 1-5 minutes depending on thickness.
- Warm the queso in a microwave safe dish.
- To assemble the hoagie—add meat and onion mixture to the roll, then drizzle with queso and top with green chiles.
- Grab extra napkins, it's about to get messy.