Ultimate Breakfast Burrito
For each burrito
- 1 Extra Large Flour Tortilla
- 5 oz. Ground Chorizo
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ½ a 15oz Can Black Beans
- ½ Cup 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Green Chile
- Optional toppings: avocado, sour cream, and your favorite 505 Southwestern®️️ Salsa
Nothing says it’s the weekend like this easy-to-make smothered breakfast burrito. You don’t have to use as much Hatch chile as we do, but you probably should! Get your fork and knife out and enjoy the ultimate breakfast burrito.
Recipe makes 1 large burrito.
- Heat skillet on medium-high and add chorizo. Cook until browned, then remove with slotted spoon and set chorizo aside. Drain most of the fat in the skillet but leave some a little in the pan to cook your eggs in. Cook the eggs in chorizo fat until desired consistency, then remove from pan and set eggs aside.
- Drain and rinse your black beans. Set aside. Grab your extra large tortilla and add your scrambled eggs by the spoonful and place into the middle of the tortilla. Layer several spoonful’s of black beans on top. Layer the chorizo on top of the beans and eggs. Drizzle 505SW™️ Green Chile on top. Fold tortilla into burrito.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium and place burrito into pan. Let sit for 1-2 minutes until burrito has some golden brown markings. Flip onto other side and repeat.
- Remove from skillet and smother the burrito with the rest of 505SW™️ Green Chile. Top with any other desired toppings such as avocado, sour cream or 505SW™️ Salsa.