- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cups instant corn masa flour
- 8 oz 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Green Chile
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 oz dried cranberries
- 1 cup corn kernels, roasted
- 15 corn husks, soaked overnight
- 4 oz 505 Southwestern® Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
Makes 15 tamales
These homemade vegetarian tamales have sweet potato, corn, cranberries, and of course 505 Southwestern Hatch Green Chile. Our Southwestern take on the classic.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roast the sweet potato until cooked through and tender, approximately 45 minutes. Let cool, split in half, and scoop the potato from the skin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 2 cups instant corn masa flour with 1 ½ cups water, 505SW™️ Green Chile, melted butter, dried cranberries, corn kernels, and the roasted sweet potato. Mix for two minutes until a soft dough is formed. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a 1 ½ oz spoonful of the Green Chile sweet potato masa in the center of each pre-soaked corn husk. Fold in one long side of the husk over the filling, followed by the other side slightly overlapping. Fold the bottom of the husk up and the top of the husk down. Steam the tamales fold side down for 45 minutes until set. Let cool and serve with 505SW™️ Red Chile Enchilada Sauce.