Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 red onion diced
• 4 cloves garlic diced
• 1 bell pepper diced
• 1 jalapeño pepper diced
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 1/3 cup 505 Southwestern green chilies sauce
• 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce from a can, chopped
• 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
• 2 15-ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
• 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 lime juiced
• 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
tortilla chips, green onion, lime wedges, cilantro, avocado, jalapeño peppers, radish, sour cream, and cheddar cheese
Comfort food doesn't have to be meat-heavy — just ask @sannas.spicebox, who created this delicious Vegetarian Tortilla Soup for our 25 Years of Flavor Recipe Contest.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeño, salt, pepper, oregano, smoked paprika and roasted cumin powder.
- Stir to combine and cook down for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the 505 Southwestern Green Chili sauce, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the beans and broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Right before serving add the lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve the soup hot with lots of toppings.