Healthy Baked Chicken Wings with Homemade Hot Sauce
- 32 chicken wing pieces (about 4 pounds)
- 1 red pepper, cut into sticks
- 1 green pepper, cut into sticks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into sticks
- 1 16oz jar 505 Southwestern®️ Restaurant Style Salsa (or other 505SW™️ Salsa of your choice)
- ¼ cup Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 tbls butter
- Homemade green chile blue cheese and/or Ranch dip (with a couple of spoonfuls of 505 Southwestern®️ Flame Roasted Green Chile mixed in, of course!)
Another Chef Greeny specialty, this is our Southwestern take on Buffalo Wings—which we didn’t think could get any better. But these are must try status! No breading, no flour, no deep frying. Make this baked chicken wing recipe today!
Preheat an oven to 450 degrees. Place the chicken wings in a medium or large sauce pot. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, strain the wings and pat very dry on a sheet tray lined with paper towels. Place on a rack over a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until crispy.
While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Start by melting the butter gently. Blend the salsa and hot sauce until smooth in a blender. Add to the butter and bring
to a boil. Pour the sauce into a mixing bowl.
When the wings are finished cooking, add the crisped wings to the sauce and toss until coated. Serve with the blue cheese, ranch and pepper sticks.